Carl Christian Illum has comprehensive experience in assisting Danish and international clients with company and commercial law matters including matters related to venture capital, M&A and other strategic transactions.
Carl Christian Illum has particular experience with intellectual property law and provides legal advice on strategies on protection or utilization of rights in relation to intellectual property, trade mark, patent and marketing laws.
In addition, Carl Christian Illum has considerable experience in competition law and assists companies in relation to questions on strategy, transactions and partnerships as well as in relation to dispute resolution.
In 2016-2017, Carl Christian Illum studied an MBA at HEC Paris in France. In 2010, Carl Christian Illum studied for a semester at the Strauss Institute for Dispute Resolution at Pepperdine University. Carl Christian Illum is co-founder of and an active participant in several Danish companies and is thus very focused on commercial matters, especially in relation to startups.
Carl Christian Illum was born in 1987 and graduated from the University of Copenhagen in 2011.
Professional qualifications and education
- 2017 Master of Business Administration (MBA), HEC Paris, Paris, France
- 2014 Attorney
- 2020 - 2021 Skau Reipurth & Partnere Advokatpartnerselskab, Senior Associate
- 2018 - 2019 Maersk Drilling A/S, Senior Legal Counsel
- 2008 - 2018 Lassen Ricard Advokataktieselskab, Attorney
Representative posts etc.
- 2021 - Co-founder and board member, Øresundsgruppen
- 2017 - Chairman of the HEC Paris alumni association in Denmark
- 2012 - Co-founder and CEO, Dupong
- On Copyright Protection of Smell, Taste and Texture, E.I.P.R (European Intellectual Property Review) 2012, vol 34, issue 10
- Duftmærker i EU (Olfactory Trade Marks in the EU), Nordisk Immateriellt Rättsskydd (NIR 5/2012)