Partner, Supreme Court Attorney, Adjunct Professor, Doctor of Laws
Eigil Lego Andersen has considerable experience in litigation, including appearing before the Supreme Court, arbitration tribunals and the European Court of Human Rights where he represented the successful claimants in a case concerning union membership as condition for employment (“closed shop”). Eigil is frequently appointed member of arbitration tribunals.
Furthermore, Eigil advises on commercial law and acts as a legal adviser on the sale and purchase of businesses.
In 1988, Eigil was awarded the degree of Doctor of Laws.
In 2009, he was appointed adjunct professor of Copenhagen Business School, Center for Credit Law and Capital Markets Law and, in 2014, of the University of Copenhagen, Center of Business Law.
In 2014, he was awarded the Christrup Prize in recognition of his work as a litigator.
Eigil is also the author of a number of books on the transfer of undertakings, class actions and company law, as well as several articles on civil procedure, property law, company law and tax law, etc.
Eigil Lego Andersen was born in 1950 and graduated from the University of Copenhagen in 1975.
Professional qualifications and education
- 1988 Doctor of Laws (Copenhagen University)
- 1983 Right of audience before the Supreme Court
- 1978 Right of audience before the High Court
- 1978 Attorney
- 2011 - 2021 Co-editor of Weekly Law Reports, Literary Section
- 2005 - 2013 Permanent consultant for Karnov Group's law book publishing programme
- 1998 - 2005 Editor of the ‘Paradigma’ series published by Karnov Group (law publishers)
- 1988 - 1989 Senior lecturer in family law and inheritance law, University of Copenhagen
- 1983 - 2003 Partner in Bech-Bruun law firm (and law firms now incorporated in Bech-Bruun)
- 1980- now Lecturer for the Danish association of lawyers and economists, the Danish Bar and Law Society, JUC (a continuing legal education organisation) and others, on company law, shareholder agreements, transfers of undertakings and litigation etc.
- 1977 - 1982 Lecturer in family law and inheritance law, University of Copenhagen
Representative posts etc.
- 2016 - 2020 Member of the Governing Board of the Danish Financial Supervisory Authority
- 2015 - Chairman of the Supreme Court Bar Association
- 2006 - 2021 Member of the Supreme Appeals Committee of the Sports Confederation of Denmark
- 2003 - Member of the board of the Supreme Court Bar Association
- 1985 - 2013 Chairman of the International Finance and Management Association (IFMA)
- Dirigent og Generalforsamling (The Chairman and the General Meeting), Thomson, 2010, book
- Gruppesøgsmål (Class Actions), Thomson, 2007, book
- Aktivhandelsaftaler (Asset Purchase Agreements), Thomsen, 2004, book
- Aktiehandelsaftaler (Share Purchase Agreements), Thomson, 2002, book
- Aktionæroverenskomster (Shareholders’ Agreements), Thomson, 2000, book
- Kontrakter om Virksomhedskøb (Contracts for the Sale and Purchase of Businesses), Gad, 1991, book
- Gavebegrebet (The Concept of Gift), Gad, 1988, doctoral thesis