Partner, Supreme Court Attorney, MBA
Henrik Peytz leads Nielsen Nørager’s EU, Competition and Procurement Law group together with Lotte Hummelshøj.
Henrik and the group advise both public authorities and Danish and foreign undertakings on issues of strategic competition law as well as in competition, procurement and state aid cases and other matters involving public regulation.
Henrik also assists companies in matters of strategy, transactions and co-operative matters as well as in dispute resolution.
He serves as arbitrator and mediator.
Henrik has a particular interest in EU tax matters and regularly conducts cases concerning taxes and duties before the Danish tax authorities and courts and the European Court of Justice.
Henrik is recognised as Danish adviser in EU competition law in Chambers Europe and various other publications and is recognised as a “leading individual” within the same topic in the publication Legal 500 and a member of The Legal 500 Hall of Fame as an elite leading EU and competition lawyer for seven consecutive years.
Henrik Peytz was born in 1959 and graduated from the University of Copenhagen in 1983.
Professional qualifications and education
- 2007 Right of audience before the Supreme Court
- 1991 Master of Business Administration (MBA with distinction) from INSEAD, France
- 1987 Right of audience before the High Court
- 1986 Attorney
- 2001 - 2010 Lecturer in EU competition law (Copenhagen University)
- 1984 - 1999 Kromann & Münter (now Kromann Reumert)
- 1990 Clifford Chance, Solicitors in Brussels
- 1983 - 1984 Tutor in administrative law, Copenhagen University
- 1983 - 1984 The law department of the Ministry of Justice
Representative posts etc.
- 2017 - Deputy member of the Council of the Danish Bar and Law Society
- 2016 - Chairman of the Tax Policy Committee ot the Danish Chamber of Commerce
- 2014 - Co-founder and member of the board of Danish State Aid Association
- 2013 - 2016 Vice chairman of the Tax Policy Committee ot the Danish Chamber of Commerce
- 2004 Lecturer for the Danish association of lawyers and economists, the Danish Bar and Law Society and the Danish School of Public Administration etc. on EU law and tax.
- 1993 - Examiner in EU and competition law for the Danish Bar and Law Society
- 1987 - 1990 Chairman of the Information sub-committee of the Council of the Danish Bar and Law Society on the EU’s internal market
- 1987 - 1990 Member of the Information committee of the Council of the Danish Bar and Law Society
- Commentary on the Act on Tax Assessment 2nd ed. (2018)
- Contributions to EU Karnov on the right of establishment and the provision of services etc. (1993, 1996, 1999, 2001, 2003, 2005, 2008, 2010, 2013, 2015, 2016 and 2017)
- Commentary on the Act on Taxation of Capital Gains on Shares (2003, 2008 and 2015)
- Commentary on the Act on Taxation of Capital Gains on Real Estate (2006 and 2015)
- Commentary on the Act on Taxation of Capital Gains on Receiveables and Debt (co-author, 1998, 2004 and 2014)
- Commentary on the Act on Tax Assessment 1st ed. (co-author, 2000)