Partner, Supreme Court Attorney, MCL
Jan Presfeldt is advising Danish and foreign companies on commercial and corporate law and contracts and furthermore works in the areas of complex tort law and insurance law, including especially general commercial liability and product liability, advisor liability, construction liability, supplier liability, professional liability and management and board of directors’ liability.
Jan Presfeldt is an experienced litigator and has conducted a significant number of cases before the Supreme Court, the High Courts and in connection with arbitration.
In addition to this, Jan Presfeldt is chairman of the board of directors of Wewers A/S and a member of the board of directors of Wewers Betonproduktion Mårum A/S, Sven Wewers Fond, Dagasco ApS and Ejendomsselskabet af 20. december 1965 ApS.
Jan Presfeldt was born in 1966 and graduated from the University of Copenhagen in 1994. Jan Presfeldt holds a Master’s degree in International Commercial Law (MCL) from the University of California, USA.
Professional qualifications and education
- 2003 Right of audience before the Supreme Court
- 1998 Right of audience before the High Court
- 1997 Attorney
- 2006 - 2009 Appointed external assistant to the State Prosecutor for Copenhagen in economic crime cases
- 2000 - 2009 External associated professor in corporate law at University of Copenhagen
- 1998 - 2000 Teacher in the law of contracts at University of Copenhagen
- 1996 - 1998 Teacher in property law at University of Copenhagen
- The Supreme Court Association
- The Danish Association for Corporate Law
- Association for tort and Insurance law
- Danish contributor to Sweet & Maxwell's Guide to European Company Laws (2008)
- Leasehold agreements are normally covered by the Law on commercial tenancies, in Commercial Real Estate (2004)
- The compulsory redemption of shares according to the articles of association, in the Danish Weekly Law Review (2003 B.239)
- Binding notice, tax provision and avoidance, in The Tax Citizen (2002)
- Advance taxation of private undertakings, in The Shareholder (2000)
- Price displays, in Center Focus (2000)
- Reimbursement for sickness benefit, in the Danish Municipalities (1999)