Partner, High Court Attorney
Lotte Hummelshøj leads Nielsen Nørager’s EU, Public Procurement and Competition Law group together with Henrik Peytz. Lotte works with all aspects of competition and public procurement law. She has successfully conducted numerous cases before the Danish Complaints Board on Public Procurement as well as the Danish courts.
Lotte advises on all issues in tender processes, including the possible obligation to use the public procurement procedures, preparation of tender materials, assessment of whether bids are compliant and evaluation of bids. She is also highly experienced in project and contract management and assistance in drafting and negotiation of contracts. She advises on issues concerning access to documents and she advises on submission of bids and makes quality control of bids.
Lotte also offers advice on procurement issues related to mergers and acquisitions and privatisations. In the area of competition law, Lotte advises on the pricing policy of dominant undertakings, merger control, distribution agreements, cartel cases as well as state aid cases.
Lotte further offers advice on personal data protection legislation, marketing law and public administration law.
Lotte Hummelshøj has been ranked in band 1 in Chambers Europe 2021 in Public Procurement that states: “Lotte Hummelshøj is a highly acclaimed lawyer with notable expertise in public procurement matters. She has additional experience in state aid cases and contract management matters. Hummelshøj impresses clients with her insight in juridical facts and former cases as well as her time of reaction”, and in the Legal 500 in the EU and competition law where the following is stated: “Lotte Hummelshøj is praised by clients for her percipient approach, and they note that she is able to provide clear views in difficult circumstances” and “she is a persuasive performer in court”. Lotte is also recognised in the publication Who’s Who Legal: Government Contracts 2020.
Lotte is a well-known speaker on subjects about procurement and competition law.
Lotte Hummelshøj was born in 1963 and graduated from the University of Copenhagen in 1989.
Professional qualifications and education
- 1992 Attorney
- 1992 Right of audience before the High Court
- 1999 - 2012 Partner at Lind Cadovius Law Firm Ltd.
- 1992 - 1999 Attorney at Lind Cadovius Law Firm Ltd.
- 1991 Tutor of EU and public international law at the University of Copenhagen
- 1989 - 1992 Assistant attorney at Lind Cadovius Law Firm Ltd.
- Member of the Danish Society on European Law
- Member of the Danish Society on Competition Law
- Member of the Danish Society on Procurement Law
- International Bar Association
- Member of the Danish Economy and Business Affairs' committee on amendments of the Danish merger rules
- Udbudsloven, kapitel 23: Ordregivers opsigelse af kontrakt, 1. ed., Ex Tuto, 2016, article
- EU Tender: The legal effects of omitting public procurement (U.2006B.80)
- Regulation to agency agreement in relation to competition law (RR.5.2004.50)
- When are bodies governed by Public law comprised by the EU Public Procurement directives - analysis of the latest case law from the european Court of Justice (U.2003B.416)