Michael Kjær Lauritsen is primarily working with contract law, insurance law, law of torts, construction law and the conduct of lawsuits and arbitration proceedings.
Michael advises and assists both Danish and foreign businesses and insurance companies in relation to actions for damages, insurance cases and disputes as well as arbitration proceedings at the arbitration tribunal and the Danish Building and Construction Arbitration Board. Michael renders advice in most types of cases regarding liability for damages and contract liability, including professional liability, management liability and product liability. Furthermore, Michael also has experience with cyber insurance including matters on insurance coverage as well as experience within the area of W&I insurance.
Michael is moreover acting as arbitrator and has by The Council of the Danish Bar and Law Society been appointed external examiner at the practical litigation test as part of the training for lawyers.
In 2019, Michael was on Berlingske Business Talent 100 List.
Since 2017 Michael has been a board member of the The Copenhagen Bar and Law Association and since 2021 he has been a member of the Council of the Danish Bar and Law Society.
In 2008, Michael spent one semester at Monash University in Melbourne, Australia. In 2012, Michael studied the subject Corporate Law and Corporate Governance at the London School of Economics and Political Science.
Michael Kjær Lauritsen was born in 1984 and graduated from the University of Copenhagen in 2010.
Professional qualifications and education
- 2020 Right of audience before the Supreme Court
- 2018 Certified Arbitrator
- 2015 Right of audience before the High Court
- 2013 Attorney
- 2022 - Lecturer in lawyers' professional liability in various forums
- 2013 - 2015 External lecturer in Security and Creditor Rights at the University of Copenhagen
- 2011 - 2014 External lecturer in Legal Methodology at the University of Copenhagen
Representative posts etc.
- 2021 - Board member of Birthe Daells Fond (Birthe Daell Foundation)
- 2021 - Member of the Council of the Danish Bar and Law Society (Advokatrådet)
- 2017 - Board member of The Copenhagen Bar and Law Association (Københavns Advokatforening)
- Danish Society for Construction and Consulting Law
- Danish Arbitration Association
- Danish Association for Corporate Legal
- FEF Board member (Compensation and Insurance law)
- Young Arbitrators Copenhagen (YAC)